These Mac OS X shortcuts have saved me so much time over the years and I wanted to share them with all of you in hopes you can find them just as useful.
* Use Cmd + X to cut (text, pictures, music, and more)
* Use Cmd + C to copy (text, pictures, music, and more)
* Use Cmd + V to paste (text, pictures, music, and more)
* Use Cmd + Z to undo an action
* Use Cmd + Shift + Z to redo an actionMinimizing Windows
* To minimize an active window without closing it, press Cmd + M on your keyboard.Quitting Applications
* In order to quit an application completely, press Cmd + Q on your keyboard.
Closing an Active Window
* If you don’t want to completely quit an application but just close the current active window, press Cmd + W on your keyboard.
Opening a New Tab
* To open a new tab, press Cmd + T on your keyboard.
* By pressing Cmd + Tab, a window containing all open applications will appear. While keeping the command key pressed down, press the tab key repeatedly to browse between the applications and when the right one is selected, release the keys and the application will appear in front of the others. Read more